1.03.2014

CUTE CUPID



1
 
2
 
 picture 1 shows how the cupid bears was laid out. each cut actually fit onto 1 mat- WOOT WOOT! it looks like only 3 cuts but there are 4 cuts on 3 papers the wings consist of 1 cut themselves so that makes everything else on the striped paper cut #4.well I'm sure that you've figured out that I changed a lot in order for every cut to fit on my pieces of scraps.  if I wasn't so lazy, I might have moved the arrow pieces so the stripes would be vertical just like every other striped cut but I'm- you got it...LAZY. *I'M SORRY FOR THE PICTUE QUALITY* picture 2 really show that fourth cut.  and yes that arrow bothers me but not enough to actually fix it.  when flipping, rotating, manipulating ANY cut-there is a lot to think about...
1. IS IT (paper when cut) GONNA BE UPSIDE DOWN?
2. ARE ALL STRIPES (again cut paper) GOING THE SAME DIRECTION?
3. CAN I POSITION EACH LAYER TO MAKE USE OF MY SCRAPS?
4. HOW CAN I MAXIMIZE THE AMOUNT OF CUTS THAT I GET FROM 1 SHEET OF PAPER?(save the most amount of paper)
5. IF THE PAPER IS DOUBLE-SIDED--IS THE CUT GONNA BE ON THE SIDE YOU WANT?
6. IF I ROTATE THIS SHAPE-DO I NEED TO ROTATE ANY CORRESPONDING SHAPES?
EVEN THOUGH THIS SEEMS LIKE A LOT TO REMEMBER-IT KIND OF BECOMES SECOND NATURE AND YOU DON'T EVEN REALIZE YOU'VE MADE ALL THESE CONSIDERATIONS.  IF YOU ARE NOT SURE THINGS WILL CUT THE WAY YOU THINK-TRY SCRAP PAPER FIRST.WHEN YOU ARE REMOVING THINGS FROM THE MAT BE SURE YOU NOTE(physically or mentally) WHICH SIDE GOES UP BECAUSE THINGS GO TOGETHER BETTER IF YOU ADHERE THE APPROPRIATE SIDE.(I keep a pencil handy. it is a good idea to always have a pencil handy for any crafting project.)( I am now seeing that part of this post should be in caps so that it matches but...LAZY.) SO YOU'VE PROBABLY REMEBERED THAT I MADE AN ADDITIONAL BEAR FOR MY MOM-SO IT TECHNICALLY TOOK TWO MATS. I AM FINDING OUT THAT PUTTING THINGS TOGETHER ON YOUR MAT...PRICELESS. I NOW DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT MY PAPER MOVING-I SHOULD HAVE THOUGHT OF THIS YEARS AGO. YES I GET LOTS OF BRAIN FARTS AND I'M FINDING THEY CAN LAST QUITE AWHILE (any tips I haven't thought of-do share!! I need all the help I can get)  MAKE SURE THAT YOU FIT SHAPES TOGETHER BEFORE PUTTING ADHESIVE ON ANYTHING.  EVEN THOUGH YOU MIGHT THINK THINGS FIT-THERE IS A RIGHT ORIENTATION FOR EVERYTHING.  SO IF YOU HAVE READ ROWLAND READER YOU KNOW SOME OF MY RESOLUTIONS FOR THIS YEAR-SO FOLLOW EACH BLOG TO SEE HOW I AM DOING.
KEEP CRAFTING.....



No comments:

Post a Comment