8.04.2013

EVEN SOAP CAN LOOK GOOD

I DEBATED THE DECISION TO WRITE ABOUT THIS HERE. THIS BLOG IS FOR CRAFTS THAT I'VE MADE USING MY CRICUT BUT THIS IS A CRAFT AND ITS WAY TOO CUTE TO NOT SHARE. THESE ARE THE MATERIALS I STARTED WITH. WHEN I RECEIVED THE SOAP PUMPS WITH COLLARS FROM AMAZON, I WONDERED "WHAT IN THE WORLD IS THIS EXTRA PIECE FOR?" WE'LL GET TO THAT. FIND THE CENTER OF THE LID-NOT THE RING. MARK THE CENTER ON THE REVESR SIDE. NOW DETERMINE HOW BIG OF A HOLE YOU WILL NEED SO
THAT YOUR SOAP PUMP WILL FIT THROUGH AND REST SNUGGLY. MINE WERE 1".  MY HUSBAND CARFEFUL POKED THE AUGER BIT INTO THE CENTER. (WE COULDN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO DRILL WITHOUT RUINING THE LIDS SO EVERYTHING WAS DONE BY HAND) TURNING THE AUGEGERF SLIGHTLY ROCK AND MAKE A SMALL HOLE IN FRONT AND BACK/  YOUR PERFORATING THE CIRCLE INTO THE LID. (IT WORKS BEST TO WORK ON THE REVERSE OF THE LID) SCREW ON THE LIDS UPSIDE DOWN-THIS WORKED BEST.
WHEN YOU HAVE TONS OF LITTLE HOLES-CAREFULLY TAKE OUT THE CENTER. (THIS IS VERY, VERY SHARP) NOW TAKE YOUR COLLAR AND GENTLY WORK IT INTO YOUR OPENING WITH THE THREADS EXPOSED OUT THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE LID.  THE SOAP PUMP WILL SCREW ONTO THIS AND ELIMINATES THE NEED FOR GLUE. WE PUT IT TOGETHER TO MAKE SURE IT WORKED BEFORE     BEGINNING THE SUBSEQUENT JARS. (MADE 6 TOTAL)
THE NEXT STEP IS OPTIONAL- SPRAY PAINT THE LIDS AND RINGS. (DO NOT SPRAY PAINT THE PUMPS) MY KITCHEN FIXTURES ARE OIL RUBBED BRONZE AND I WAS ABLE TO FIND OIL RUBBED BRONZE SPRAY PAINT. I PAINTED THE LID AND RING WHILE THEY WERE AFFIXED TOGETHER- SO THERE IS A SHINY GOLD RING ON MY LIDS.(THIS PORTION IN NOT SEEN AND IT SAVED TIME) SOME GLUE THE LID AND RING TOGETHER BUT I
WAS TRYING TO USE A NO GLUE METHOD. MAKE SURE YOU PAINT IN AN AREA THAT IS WELL VENTILATED. MY HUSBAND AND I WERE OUTSIDE AND THE PAINT FUMES WERE STILL OVERWHELMING. HERE ARE MY 6 JARS AFTER I LEFT THE OVERNIGHT. I WASHED THEM OUT-BY HAND- AND LET THEM DRY FOR A WHILE.  I FILLED ONE WITH DISH SOAP AND FINISHED IT OFF WITH A CUTE BOW.
 WHAT DO YOU THINK?





No comments:

Post a Comment