7.03.2013

KICKIN' FUN


I KNOW WHAT YOU'RE THINKIN'- ISN'T THIS BLOG SUPPOSEDE TO HAVE FINISHED CREATIONS UDING THE CRICUT?  WELL I EMBOSS A LOT AND WANTED TO SHARE HOW I DO IT. I  START WITH THIS BAD MAMMA JAMMA. YES THE BIG KICK AND THE BIG SHOT ARE RELATIVELY THE SAME THING(I JUST DON'T CARE TOO MUCH FOR PINK). WHEN I FIRST STARTED I ONLY HAD FISKARS TEXTURE PLATES.(I STILL HAVE AND USE THESE TO DRY  EMBOSS). I LOVE THE ADDED TEXTURE FOR MY PROJECTS.  SO...GET TO THE POINT. WELL HERE IS HOW THIS WORKS BEST FOR ME. (I WOULD LOVE ANY SUGGESTIONS)
*GRAB YOUR BIG KICK(BIG SHOT)
*GATHER YOUR TEXTURE PLATES
*FIND AN OLD, UNUSED MOUSE PAD.
(MAKE SURE YOU USE SCRAPS OF PAPER SO YOU CAN MAKE SURE THAT THIS WILL WORK FOR YOU DESIRED OUTCOME)
THE BOTTOM OF THIS MOUSE PAD WILL BE REFERRED TO AS SQUISHY.
MAKE YOUR PAPER SANDWICH
  1. MULTIPURPOSE PLATFORM WITH TABS ALREADY ON OTHER SIDE OF MACHINE.(AGAIN JUST THE PLATFORM WITH NO TABS)
  2. CLEAR CUTTING PLATE(YOU WON'T BE CUTTING BUT THATS THE ONLY DECRIPTIVE WORD I CAN THINK OF RIGHT NOW)
  3. TEXTURE PLATE(THE DESIGN YOU WANT UP TOWARDS THE CEILING)
  4. PAPER(THE PART YOU WANT TO EMBOSS TOUCHING TEXTURE PLATE)
  5. MOUSE PAD(SQUISHY ON TOP OF PAPER)
  6. CLEAR CUTTING PLATE(AGAIN CAN'T THINK OF THE CORRECT WORD)
YOU ARE GONNA NEED LOTS OF ELBOW GREASE FOR THIS.  IN FACT I THOUGHT I WAS GONNA BREAK MY BIG KICK THE FIRST TIME I DID THIS.  ITS A LITTLE EASIER NOW.  *MY TEXTURE PLATE KINDA CAME OFF THE EDGE OF THE PLATFORM AND DID CRACK BUT I HAVEN'T HAD ANY OTHER ISSUES**
**I REALLY WANT TO STRESS THAT THIS IS WHAT WORKS FOR ME** WHAT WORKS FOR YOU? 



No comments:

Post a Comment