7.02.2013

A HOUSE OF ORDER

I WAS GIVEN THE OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE SIGNS FOR THE NEXT RELIEF SOCIETY ACTIVITY.  I REALLY ENJOY DOING THIS BECAUSE IT ALLOWS ME TO BE CREATIVE AND TRY NEW CRAFTING TECHNIQUES.  I WAS ABLE TO PLAY AROUND WITH CRICUT CRAFT ROOM. (IF YOU DON'T HAVE THIS-GET IT. ITS VERY SIMPLE-1. GO TO CRICUT.COM 2. CLICK ON THE CRAFT ROOM TAB 3. DOWNLOAD THE SOFTWARE 4. HAVE FUN!!) ANYWHO- I USED TWO CARTS FOR THIS PROJECT(NO I DO NOT HAVE TO PHYSICALLY PUT EACH CART INTO MY MACHINE). **IN ORDER TO DO THIS YOUR CARTS MUST BE LINKED TO YOUR ACCOUNT** I USED DESIGNER'S CALENDAR FOR THE FONT AND ART PHILOSOPHY FOR THE HOUSE.  THE HOUSE IS LOCATED ON PAGE 42 OF THE BOOKLET.  IT CORRESPONDS WITH "S" ON THE OVERLAY BUT WITH THE CRAFT ROOM YOU WON'T NEED THE OVERLAY.  KNOWING LOCATION MIGHT BE HELPFUL THOUGH. IT WOULD BE UNDER THE BASIC TAB IN YOU CRAFT ROOM(THERE IS A TAB FOR EACH FEATURE) THE HOUSE IS THE SECONDARY OPTION SSO SHIFT MUST BE SELECTED.  I SIZED IT JUST HOW I WANTED.  ON TO THE LETTERS. I WANTED TO WELD AS MANY FOR EACH WORD AS POSSIBLE.  FOR EXAMPLE THE WORD "HOUSE IS TWO SECTIONS.  THE "HOU" ARE TOGETHER AND THE "SE" ARE WELDED. (LETTERS ARE EASIER TO GLUE WHEN THEY ARE TOGETHER) ALL YOU WHO'VE TRIED GLUING EACH INDIVIDUAL LETTER-YEAH YOU KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT. THESE LETTER WERE ALSO CUSTOMIZED FOR THE APPROPRIATE SIZE.  I THEN PLUGGED MY CRICUT INTO MY COMPUTER AND SELECTED CUT. LETTER SECTIONS WERE THE RUN THROUGH THE XRYON.  MY XYRON IS ONLY 1.5" WIDE SO IT WAS NOT USED ON ALL LETTERS.(XYRONS COME IN MANY SIZES AND I HAVE NOT COMPLETED MY COLLECTION YET.  A XYRON ALLOWS MOST PAPER AND RIBBON TO BE PULLED THROUGH IT AND COME OUT WITH ADHESIVE ON THE BACK OF IT). THE ONLY THING I HAD TO PUT ADHESIVE ON WAS THE HOUSE, "HOU", "DER", AND "OF". I MADE 5 OF THESE BABIES IN 1 DAY-HOW COOL IS THAT??

No comments:

Post a Comment